Reflexology is an alternative natural method of healing the body that involves the application of pressure to the feet or hands with specific thumb, finger, and hand techniques. The underlying theory behind reflexology is that it is based on a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands. These areas and reflex points correspond to different body organs, glands, and systems. By applying pressure on a specific area there is a beneficial effect, thereby promoting a person’s general health through the body’s energetic pathways.
Reflexology is a deeply relaxing treatment with benefits that can be felt throughout the body. The practitioner will use various techniques that include holds, finger pressure, kneading, rotation and rubbing of the feet or hands. It is with this premise that such work effects a physical change to the body and creates maximum blood flow.
During your session at Holistic Harmony you will be laying on a BioMat. The BioMat is a health enhancing heated mat that combines Amethyst Crystal, Far Infrared light waves, and negative ions delivering the highest vibrational resonance deep into all body tissues. The heat increases the core body temperature releasing heat shock proteins which depower old toxins and free radicals.
How does reflexology work?
Reflexology works by helping the body and mind rebalance and cleanse internal energies, thereby promoting health and natural well-being.
When stress and tension accumulate, internal life force energy that runs through subtle channels or meridians in the body, becomes unbalanced and even blocked. The congested reflex points may then contain uric acid and calcium crystals that can block nerve endings, and decreased stimulation of glands and organs.
A reflexologist, through the reflexology treatment, is able to breakdown and disperse the crystals around the nerve endings, helping the blood and lymph system reabsorbed and excrete them from the body. The treatment creates further relaxation that stimulates the blocked nerve endings helping to regain normal function in sluggish glands and organs. Pathways become clearer giving the internal life force energy system the ability to function at optimal levels.
Benefits of Reflexology
The benefits of reflexology help release additional stresses in the body, thus aiding the body to further heal and regenerate through the natural healing pathways.
Some of the best results reported include:
- Promotes Good Health
- Relieves symptoms of stress, injuries and illness
- Prevents illness
- Relieves Pain
- Increases Energy
- Enhances sleep
- Improves circulation
- Improves hormonal balances
- Relieves Tension Headaches
- Reduces pre-menstrual syndrome symptoms
- Improves digestive issuesWhile reflexology is not used to cure health disorders, nor diagnose them, people continually use this natural method instead of, or in conjunction with, other treatments when addressing stress, anxiety, sinusitis, headaches, diabetes, and pain.
After the treatment most people feel calm and relaxed. Some even feel sleepy due to the overall release of stresses from the body. It is important to hydrate with plenty of water after your session. This will aid in the release of toxins from your system.
Used regularly, reflexology can help give your body a general toning which will enhance and increase your overall natural sense of well-being.
Enhance Your Reflexology Session with a Hot Stone Reflexology Treatment
Heated Basalt stones are used therapeutically to penetrate deeply into the muscles allowing a greater access and stimulation into the reflex points of the feet or hands. It is estimated that one stroke with a hot stone is worth five strokes with a hand, thus this therapy is calculated to be five times deeper and longer lasting than a conventional reflexology treatment.
Interesting Foot Facts from Foot.com
- The average person will walk around 115,000 miles in a lifetime; that’s more than four times around the earth.
- 25% of the bones in the homan body are in the feet. When these bones are out of alignment so is the rest of the body.
- During the average day of walking, the forces on your feet can total hundreds of tons, equivalent to an average of a fully loaded cement truck.
- In a pair of feet there are 250,000 sweat glands.
- 60 million people, 25% of Americans, have flat feet.
- The average woman walks 3 miles more per day than the average man.
- 9 out of 10 women wear shoes too small for their feet.
- Women experience foot problems four time more often than men.
- Walking is the best exercise for the feet. It contributes to your general health by improving circulation and weight control.